Wednesday 12 February 2014

Squeaky Clean ∞

Hello internet chums!

Long time no see ay ;) I have been having to restrain myself from blogging recently as I am in mid-preparation for my Drama exam, one could say I'm a little stressed, but that is a major understatement. Due to increased stress levels I have been having lots of pamper evenings, one key aspect of my pamper evenings has been a thorough facial cleanse...


I start off by removing my eye make-up, I do this separate to my facial make-up as, on a day-to-day basis, I go for heavier eye make-up therefore they need more attention. I use cotton wool pads and the 'Skin Therapy Gentle Eye Make-up Remover', which is formulated with Lemongrass and Ginger and are just really cooling, similar to the sensation of slices of cucumber. After I remove all my eye make-up I begin to work on the rest of my face, for this I use the 'Skin Therapy Gentle Cleansing Milk' which contains lots of goodies for the skin (pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin E) and because 'Skin Therapy' specialize in sensitive skin care, all of the products are really gentle on the skin, they don't leave my face feeling dry or irritated which is a plus. Then rather than rinsing off the cleanser I use a hot muslin cloth which helps open up the pores ready for the next step...


Exfoliation, now I use the 'Neutrogena visibly clear pink grapefruit daily scrub'. This product smells AMAZING, zingy and fresh, everything I look for in a facial scrub. After I finish exfoliation I use the same hot muslin cloth as before to remove the excess scrub and I swear I cannot stop touching my face once I use it. It leaves my skin feeling baby soft although slightly red, but that may just be the aftermath of the hot cloth.


Now, if after the exfoliation there are still any pesky blemishes lying about I take a drop (which is all one needs) of the 'Benefit Boo Boo Zap' which works over night to reduce redness and dry out the blemish. A fabulous product well worth the money.


After ridding my skin of all it's impurities it's time to replenish it's natural moisture. Now I don't really use any specific facial moisturizer (shame on me) but I have found that the 'Garnier Body Intensive 7 days Ultra-Softening Lotion' to be quite effective. One key point is that it smells really pure and light, not overpowering but not odorless (however this is only based on the Shea Butter flavour). This product is also good as it is fast absorbing, which means you aren't left with a lingering oily-ness on your skin.


Finally, I like to look after my lips, seeing as the winter months can be especially harsh to them. I start off by using Lush's 'Popcorn Lip Scrub' to exfoliate my lips (particularly good if you suffer from chapped lips). After that I used my (well loved) 'Blistex SPF15 Raspberry Lemonade Lip Balm'. Not only does it taste deliciously of Raspberry Lemonade, but also as it contains SPF15 it's very nourishing for my lips and helps them feel all soft and lovely.


All that's left is to go to sleep, so for any of you who are also off to the land of nod, Sweet Dreams :) 

Tah Tah For Now, elizabethgraced xxx


1 comment :

  1. I like your blog! I follow you via GFC, follow me back? x

    http://fashionsectionbylory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

popular posts...